Friday, October 9, 2009

Muhammad has finally been weaned

Well here's the thing.

Muhammad was a fully breastfed baby (besar minum susu mama aje) until he was 15 months old.

At 15 months plus, we introduced formula to him as my milk was decresing badly (it was Ramadhan) and couldn't cater for his growing needs. Alhamdulillah he loved it at the first taste.

Then, roughly at 17 months, I tried to wean him off permanently. Mainly because I was feeling lethargic with the new pregnancy and needed a good rest. By that time, he was also not very keen to nurse directly as maybe my milk tasted differently (he was making a face during feeding) and I was already at a low supply so I thought it was the best decision to make.

Alhamdulillah again, it was easy for both of us. I've read horror stories about a child who refuse to wean and life was made temporarily difficult for the mom and baby.

I've never regretted that decision. Dah tertulis rezeki dia minum susu Mama sampai setakat 17 bulan aje. He never asked again after that. Well, actually ada la sekali dua dia try selak2 baju I, tapi bila I said no, he didn't cry, but instead asked for his bottle.

Tadi I saja2 offer it to him, cradling and calling him 'baby' and brought him close to the breast...he just giggled and upon smelling the nipple, made a loud YUCK sound! Cesshh..sunggeh kureng budak ini....

0 comments: